lunes, 25 de noviembre de 2013

 Walk to Alerce Andino National Park.
Hello, this week I must to write about a walk that I would like to do again, and the first place that springs to my mind is the walk to Alerce Andino National Park, this is a national park near to Puerto Montt (36 km from Puerto Montt), this national park is famous for its "millenary alerces" which are native trees from the south of Chile and Argentina, these trees are considered as some of the oldest and biggest living trees of the world, (the alerces are relative of the Sequoias from USA). some alerces are near to the 4000 years old, and in the middle of this national park there is a huge alerce surrounded for a little wooden fence.

(this is one of the two park's entrances) 

(the huge millenary Alerce)

  I visited this park at January or February at 2007 and I was with three friends who came from Santiago and they didn't know Puerto Montt. we traveled for two days and we walked throw the park, we wash in a waterfall (it was almost a cavern, full of water steam), I remember that there were many bloodsucker insects which were very irritating. I also remember that we used huge leaves of ferns to avoid these insects, but these insects didn't stop till we killed them with the hands.


Although, there were huge "Nalcas" which are southern Chile native plants, moreover these plants are edible (the stem), but it doesn't have a good taste.
(I don´t know who is this man, I just used this photo to show the size of the leaves)

    I the night it is possible to hear many kinds of nocturnal animals, like woodpeckers, owls, and other animals that I cannot to know what they were.

That was a very cool travel, goodbye to everyone.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario